martes, 26 de febrero de 2013

Harry Styles: Labour-supporting 1D star reveals he's into retro Labour fashion


Singer bases his style on the outfits of 1980s union chief Arthur Scargill and former party leaders Harold Wilson and Michael Foot
Striking: The Arthur Scargill look
When Harry Styles wants a new look, he’s in no doubt how to PICKET.
The One Direction star always looks STRIKING and now we know why – he’s based his style on miners’ union leader Arthur Scargill, the Sunday People has reported .
Staunch Labour man Harry, 19, has also aped the outfits of ex-Labour Prime Minister Harold Wilson and Michael Foot, the party’s leader in the early 80s.
Harry, told the Sunday People: “I’m a Labour supporter. I’m what they stand for and that is what I base my outfits on.
MP Tam Dalyell black face helmet
“I’m a Labour man through and through. I have become really interested in politics recently. That is why I wear these clothes. Being a Labour supporter is where I get my inspiration from.”
His statement is not as bizarre as it sounds.
TV footage of the 1984-85 miners’ strike, when unions took on the Tories, has inspired a recent surge in designers duplicating what the working men wore on the picket lines.
It makes tub-thumping Arthur Scargill the most unlikely fashion icon.
Harry’s woolly hats, tweed caps, donkey jackets and riveted jeans were a regular combo for pit workers.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario